Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Polaris 550 Touring and a 2001 Polaris 500 classic, I have owned them since new.
we moved and both machines have been sitting . Trying to get them running and they are not getting fuel if I shoot starter fluid into carbs or spark plug holesthey start and run for a few seconds. I have removed the fuel lines from the fuel pump and blown air back into tank and you can hear the air going into tank but even with hoses disconnected on fuel Gomes out of tank! I would think fuel should be running out of tank if the fuel line isn’t connected to pump. Any ideas?

· Registered
4,593 Posts
Before you get to far... How about blowing air into the tank and see if it comes out to the pump. Even disconnect the the line from the fuel tank to the pump and see if it comes out.

Once you blow fuel backwards, it can take some time to get it back to the carbs. So pressurizing the fuel tank can chase it back into the system.

Just a note: The fuel output on the tank is typically about 1/2 way up the tank. Even if the fuel is over that much (ie, 3/4+ tank) it still won't flow until the siphon is started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts