Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 1980 panther rebuilt fuel pump that is run off of suction line last year. This year it will not start replaced fuel and suction line. filled fuel line with fuel and started right away. there is small amount of suction when I put my finger over suction line. It will run fine with fuel in the line but will not pull fuel out of tank. Does anyone know how much suction there should be on that line or if Fuel pump might need rebuilt again. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How's the in-tank pickup hose and filter?
And, the pump works off pulses, not constant vacuum. Put a vacuum gauge on the impulse line and verify that it jumps when you crank the engine over.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Try simply blowing into the tank.
Find the tank vent line (clutch side likely)
With cap on and line off of carb, blow in vent with your mouth (compressed air will blow things apart)
If all you get is air your fuel pick up inside tank is gone

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would replace the fuel pump not rebuild it. Sometimes rebuilt pumps just do not last very long and these days replacement fuel pumps are 15 bucks on eBay yes they are aftermarket but I have had nothing but good luck with those pumps. Last pump I had was in 2 different sleds over 10 years and was only replaced due to age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts