Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 MX 470 and it loses power after I get it started, I have cleaned the carbs but I am looking to see if there is a fuel filter for it. I can't seem to find one. Is there something else that might be causing the problem. It runs for a few min and then it seems like it's not getting any fuel and bogs out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that what I thought and why I couldn't find anything. Is this something I can get at the dealer or can I get it somewhere else, is it expensive? I this pic is it the small thing at the bottom of the pic with the black lines coming off of it, I take it I'll need to pull the motor too. This pic is not of my sled but of another Ski-Doo MXZ

·
Registered
1 Posts
yup that is it. it is a pain to get to... if you remove the starter on the front.
and have a couple "wobble" extensions. you can remove it with out pulling the motor.
i think the bolts are 12mm. Gas will varnish and clog up the pump or make the fuel flow reduced.
the rebuild kit cost about 5 bucks.
I have done it and almost cried. it takes alot of patience

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, I just came back in from the shop and was cleaning up around it to get a better look and easier access before I get ready to head out for work, but it looks like it bolted up from the bottom??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts