Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello I'm back with Questions.
1996 vmax 600 twine.
Pulled out pilot jets and cleaned. Way clogged. Now there is fuel dripping out of the overflow tube. Only right carb. It's not flooding cards. I mean it's running. Just a steady drip.
So floats set wrong ?
What is the setting for floats ? 10mm from housing to bottom of float ?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,387 Posts
You may have a bad inlet needle/seat. I'm not sure on the measurement, but how I set 'em is to turn the carb over and adjust until the float is level with the bowl.

You can also test the inlet needle and seat by attaching a short hose to the inlet and blowing through it. Move the float up and down. You should be able to determine if the needle is making a good seal against the seat. If not, try cleaning. If that doesn't work, a new needle/seat should cure that problem.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Agreed I would do a carburetor rebuild kit as those come with new needle/seats for almost the price of just one needle/seat.

·
Super Moderator
2,075 Posts
Simply hold carb in one hand, piece of hose in your mouth to inlet, blow and raise the float with your other hand.
When you cant pass air that is your float height.
Set the tab so that when it stops it is 'Level' with carb body!
If you can Not get it to stop then get a new needle & seat, start over.
Unless you tear an old gasket (most are Oring now) the only part to be replaced is the needle and seat!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yes but for the price on my mikunis vs a new needle/seat the cost is usually cheaper for a mikuni brand carburetor kit. Last kits I bought were between 10-14 bucks and a new needle/seat runs me 10-14 dollars as well depending on the price. Yeah I end up with extra stuff but that extra stuff comes in handy in a carburetor parts pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts