Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i do this myself or do i need to take it to a dealer i have fox shocks , i just need the front ones rebuild , any idea how much a dealer would charge?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
take it to a dealer, you need alot of special equipment and you need a cylinder of gas, it cost about 45$ in canada here so i imagine your looking at 25-35$ american

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow those prices seem to good to be true is that for 2 shocks or each for around that price ? if thats what its around i might as well do the rears to. would i need to do anything special when taking the rear shocks off ? like will the track or any parts fall in or no?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ok that was per shock, i konw the re charge is only like 25$ here, but a rebuild is 45$ with new oil, per shock, what kind of sled is it?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
well for doing the rear shocks, you'll have to release the spring tension before you take out the shock, im pretty sure io ahven;t had mine out in quite a while, but one is soon to come apart, i think the shock is toast, didn;t hold a charge..... for even a month. let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went to the dealer today for prices they said they cant rely tell me what the price will be because it may just need recharge, or rebuild or if the shaft is pitted it will be better off getting a new shock, well im haveing a hard time gettin the shock to come out in teh spindle, its like stuck or siezed on i got the 2 bolts out of the shock the top and lower the lower isnt budging

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
if it was me i would get a rebuild, i've seen the oil that came out of my shocks its usually toast, burnt or its has water in it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i got the shocks out and the springs off one is missing the c clip thing to hold the spring to the shock itself, any idea how much one of these would cost or a web site for stock oem parts? for the shocks now i can push them in fairly easy with teh springs off and can smell oiland the shock makes this squishy type sound just before it fully extendeds back out cazwell do u have aim or msn messenger to talk faster? you seem to be full of info

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ya it sounds like it has got some moisture in it, i'll pm you my msn messenger addy, then we can chat it up more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts