Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
hey guys while we are on this topic how do you usually set that shock, i like my skis in the air so what would be the best setting, backed off, tight, im not sure, i think it was backed off most of the way when i took it out to get it recharged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing tight becuase it will put more pressure on the front of the track and take weight off of the front shocks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you should have your shocks rebuilt every year. Front and rear. They lose the nitrogen in them. no matter how many miles. guaranty it needs to be done

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Pull out the skid and look. Loosn the spring all the way and compress the shox, if it doesnt rebound fast or you hear a hissing noise its gone. pulling the front shox out of the skid is not hard to do, the the front and rear on my sled are getting rebuilt this week.

cazwell put your limiters down as far as they go this will put more track on ground and inturn give more tracktion

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
sesnopro said:
cazwell put your limiters down as far as they go this will put more track on ground and inturn give more tracktion
ya i got my limiters backed off so no worries there. I've heard if you tighten up the spring on the front shock it really kills your hyfax... do you think it would help much at all to tighten it?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Run it were you like it, the hy fax wear in the curve more than any were. throw 96 picks on that will help alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts