Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me how to change out the front two bogie wheels. I have a bad bearing in one of them and I cant figure out how to get them around the front shock. Its on a 93 xcr 440.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
323 Posts
there is a bolt in the center of the wheel / bearing, remove the bolt and the wheel comes off. there is a plastic bushing in the bearing (in 2 halves) tap out the bushing halves, when you look down the bolt hole you can see where the halves come together, catch the edge with a punch and tap the bushing out. On 1 side of the wheel you will see a snap ring, remove the snap ring and tap the bearing out with a hammer

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the bolt out of the center of the wheel. It is really tight I cant seem to figure out how to get it outside of the frame it sits against. I dont know what I am not seeing, something easy....

·
Registered
323 Posts
well maybe I explained the procedure for a free standing wheel, if there are 2 wheels within a few inches of each other between the slide rails, the wheels are on a common shaft that is bolted to each side of the slide rail, you need to pull the bolts from both sides and remove the entire shaft.

with the shaft on the bench there will be a spacer tube, a washer, the wheel, another washer, the center spacer tube, a washer, the other wheel, another washer and the last spacer tube.

Once you have the wheel in your hand, the plastic bushings are the same as explained the first time

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes there are two within a few inches of each other. I will pull both bolts off and try and wiggle it out. It looked like the front shock was attached to that bar but it was hard to see the first time I looked at it so ill give her another go.

·
Registered
323 Posts
there could be mounting brackets for the shock also, 1 bolt at the bottom of the shock and the shock will be free from the shaft

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.