Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 xlt, I removed the engine and reinstalled an ec50pl-01 with the assistance of an adapter plate (home made) to span the two motor straps that carried the triple. That being said I dont remember what sled the 500 came out of. Currently it's set up w/ 34mm mikuni 190 main 40 pilot 2.0 cut out slides. I'm only getting 6000 rpm and 42 or so mph. I wonder if I should swap out the carbs for 38mm. I've got a primary clutch w/ gold spring, but it doesnt look like the belt is going all the way to the top of the sleeve. The secondary clutch is, I believe stock xlt, and inside my gear box is a 20 tooth top gear and 39 tooth bottom gear. Wanting more top end.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well it would be nice to know what year and model the 500 came out of as if it is a Indy 500 L/C engine they came with 38mm carbs. And those jet settings are not correct for any of the years. Also the primary clutch spring should be a gold stock IIRC but a one up is a 120-300LB 40-66 from SLP or the Polaris equivalent. The gearing is also off for a Indy 500. So it would be nice if you could figure out what year the 500 is as I have a lot of experience in setting those up for clutching. As far as gearing all you can do is go back to what the 500 L/C is as that is about the best you can get.

Also that EC50PL-01 is the same block they used for years for that Fuji setup. So get me a year and model and we can help

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Most likely your problem is in your clutching
With the motor as little as a 1/4" too close and it wont rev or pull higher RPM

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I can tell him right now the gearing is off and so is the carbs. Those came with 38mm carbs and a different gearing and jets. And he might be off on the motor as well possibly. Would be nice to know what year and model that of the 500 he used came out of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts