Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions: how often does the Fox rear shock on my 2000 Indy 500 XP XC need rebuilding, and what is a good indication you need a rebuild? The sled sat for 2 years before I bought it, runs great, has the extra 10 suspension, but last season, I noticed even a small field approch jump felt like it bottomed, I admit, I don't have a lot of ride time on sleds, but I thought the extra 10 would be a litttle more plush than that. Thanks for any tips or advice !! I'm loving the fall so far, but am getting that itch to ride some powder !!

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i would try getting the shocks recharged, they often get water in the shock oil and lose some pressure. they say you shoudl do them every year, but i just watch mine. you can tell, they just start to feel different

·
Registered
125 Posts
Once a year is what I've heard also, but a sure sign is any oil leakage, or remove the shock and cycle it by hand. If you can go full stroke It definately needs help. The shock should have a smooth increase in resistance as it's compressed. You won't be able to fully feel a bad shock by hand, but if it slams 1/2 way down with no resistance, it's done. ( <--- That's where my shock is right now, getting a re-build.) My shock CLEARLY needed done because it leaked oil during the summer, and had the symptoms I described above.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys, I'll pull the shock and check it, may check the fronts,too, but they seemed to ride fine, but it can't hurt to check them all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's time to get my Fox shocks done and being I just bought my sled I've never had it done before so where is the best place to get them rebuilt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts