Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.

I recently bought a brand new MXZ 600 Trail RER (2003) and I am getting a little nervous because I have fouled out three sets of plugs in three weekends up north. This has not been fun--it's scary.

I basically have two questions to anyone in the forum world.

1) Is there a better plug than the NGK that came with the sled?

2) Is there a possibility that with a new sled that the oil injector is not set properly?

Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
329 Posts
NGK is prob your best bet. Have you burnt through your 1st tank of gas yet? They do dump an bunch of oil in your tank for break in, in addition to your oil injection.

What is the condition of the fouled plugs. Are they drenched with gas, black, burnt?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH CHASE, IF YOU ARE NOT THROUGH YOUR FIRST TANK OF GAS THAT IS PROBABLY YOUR PROBLEM, HOWEVER AT TIMES I HAVE HAD BETTER LUCK WITH CHAMPION PLUGS IN MY SKI-DOO'S. I RAN CHAMPIONS IN MY LAST SLED ALL SEASON WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, BUT THE SLED I RIDE NOW CALLS FOR SPECIAL PLUGS AND THERE IS NO CHAMPION EQUIVILENT AND I HAVE GONE THROUGH 3 SETS OF PLUGS AT $18.00 A PAIR. SEE IF YOU CAN GET CHAMPION PLUGS AND GIVE THEM A TRY. JUST A SUGGESTION.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whoa there big fella

VERY improtant--DoNot sell your plugs short. The BR9ECS that is required in any H.O. engine need to be the proper gap <--0.018
As for the SDi engines, the same BR9ECS is used--EXCEPT that is has a much larger gap<--0..35 I think<--therse plugs are completely with out a dought...NON gapable-do not attempt to regap-will stress and break off.
And as for a spark plug you by at the local Auto shop--More than likely has a gayass spin-on top-GARBAGE-they loosen up and start vibrating, thus causes a bad reading for the MPEM and will eventually burn it out<--sure sign is black powder on plug tip. If so then, pitch the plug and make sure you got the solid tip one, resqueese the plug boot to ensure good connection and make sure the boot is tightly twisted righty-tighty onto the wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ive had the same thing happen in the past, i switched to ngk br8es plugs witch are the same in all aspects but are a bit hotter, i almost never have plugs fowl anymore, sled , quad,bike,all have 8s now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried that once-Bet if you look closely , you'll see tiny deposits on aluminum on them.:eek:Could cause mi-nute preignition at the right engine tempature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts