Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out with it yesterday and it was running perfect until I heard a twang from under the hood and then a rattle. After that, whenever I let off the throttle it wanted to die. I managed to get it back to the truck and as soon as I let go of the throttle it quit and I wasn't able to get it to start again. I lifted the hood and found that the exhast can had separated from the manifold due to a broken spring retainer and I'm really hoping thats all the problem is. Is it possibel that an exhaust leak could cause the low idle and not starting issues?

·
My Heart's In The Country
10 Posts
Hi again. We had an exhaust issue here two years ago on mine, there was a pin hole leak in the main exhaust pipe, but the only thing we were worried about was the exhaust that was being blown onto the engine. The sled's performance, as much as I can remember, was not affected that much, the sled was just a little more noisy. We ran quite a few miles on it like that, and never had low idle or a complete shut down of the sled. Again, this is what I remember. I guess depending on just how bad the leak is, you might have some issues, and since mine was just a pin hole, it wasn't as big of a deal. Did you recover the broken spring? Hope this helps. Gotta keep these beasts (we call ours the "Snowplow") on the trails and represent buddy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.