Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is the deal. My 97 Indy 500 has flooded twice this season and I think it is because of the plugs, but I need someone elses assistance. The first time it happened I thought maybe it was one of the floats in the carb was stuck or something, but I finally got it to start and went for a 40 mile ride the next day without any problems. Then two days later it does it again!! This only happens when it is cold and when I say flooded, I mean gas coming out of the exhaust manifold.

I have been out of the sledding hobby for a while and am just getting back into to it so maybe I am doing something wrong. Personally I think it is because I put new Champion plugs in this season. I never liked Champion plugs because they always used to foul out, but the Polaris dealer said that the manual recommneds them over NGK's which I prefer.

This sleds has never had any issues before this, so do I go with my gut feling and put NGK's back in or do I have a bigger problem? Once I pull the plugs and pull the motor over several times to clear it out, the motor starts, runs great, and will continue to start fine for the remainder of the day.. Any help guys would be appreciated.

Thanks Sean

·
Registered
121 Posts
sounds like a carb problem this new fuel is pretty hard on all rubber parts in the carbs. that is a lot of fuel getting into the cyl. have you checked the needle and seat in the carb and make sure the float is ok and not cracked and full of fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts