Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BORN AND RAISED TO SNOWMOBILE IN FLAT MICHIGAN, NOW LOVING IT AND LIVING IN VERMONT, THIS IS REAL RIDING. THEY CALL OUT OF STATERS FLAT LANDERS, NOW I KNOW WHY. IT' A WHOLE DIFFERENT RIDE AND AWESOME SCENERY!!!! YOU HAVEN'T SNOWMOBILED UNLESS YOU'VE COME TO VERMONT. NO NEED FOR MORE THAN 600 CC'S NEEDED AND TONS OF SNOW, BOARDER TO BOARDER TRAILS, LETS SEE WHAT YOU FLAT LANDERS GOT!!! : ) :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
where in vermont do you ride? firecat21 is from vermont. he lives in So. Royalston.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like you were in the wrong part of Michigan. Ain't nothing BUT hills here on the West Coast...

:confused:

May not be mountains, but certainly not flat.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
yeah, you definately havent rode in the UP then...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm west of rutland off lake bomoseen

i belive an hour or so away. AND no offense to michigan riders, (my home state.) just that the riding is so much more challenging here and possibly more dangerous due to steep areas. fun to learn a different way of riding ;)

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
yeah thats coo, i mean everyone has their own opinion...however, if i ever get the chance to ride in yellowstone (i dunno if they still alow it or not) that would prolly be the best place to ride

ive seen stuff on tv about the riding out there...iv visited there in the summer time, but i think it would be bad ass to ride in the winter time

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
I just rode in Gladwin County last week up and down from the river to land back down that hill and that hill. The most flat spot I rode was the river.
Yellowstone is nice .:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YOU CAN RIDE YELLOW STONE

I BET THERE IS SOME DEEP POWDER!!!! ACTUALLY I MISS GOING STRAIGHT OUT. HERE THERE IS ALWAYS A TON OF OBSTICLES AND WET SPOTS FROM WATER DRAINING FROM MOUNTAINS. ALTHOUGH NORTHERN VERMONT, WHICH I HAVE YET TO GO RIDING AT APPARENTLY HAS SOME SUPER WIDE BEAUTIFULLY GROOMED TRAILS I BELIEVE BY ISLAND POND V.T. AND GOING NEAR CANADA. OH BYE THE WAY I MISS TIP UP TOWN IN HOUGHTON LAKE M.I., YEEEE HAAAA!!!! : )

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
yeah, i didnt make tip up town this year...one of the weekends fell on my 21st birthday, so i was f ucked up that weekend. the other weekend, hell i dont remember...ill be sure to make it next year tho

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
Tip Up Town rocks. Where else can you line up and drag race any brand, any size, 10 to 20 at a time all day long , for 2 weekends in a row. I go every year. The previous 2 years that was the first riding of the year due to lake of snow.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
0to60n3 said:
Tip Up Town rocks. Where else can you line up and drag race any brand, any size, 10 to 20 at a time all day long , for 2 weekends in a row.
i hear ya...its soo intence racin against that many sleds at once

·
Registered
48 Posts
id love to get to some mountain riding but I really cant swing the funds to do it though.

We have plenty of "hilly" areas in michigan.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm not going to give you to hard of a time about flatland. But border to border? It's like 150 by 80 miles. Just the U.P. is more than twice that big. I can get on a sled here in East Jordan (L.P.) and go north and west and get 3 days of riding without backtracking or making loops once before I get to Ironwood, MI. Done that.

The topographical features are definately more outstanding in the western L.P. and the northwestern U.P.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok ok all i'm saying is vermont is a great state to snowmobile. i have ridden michigan. by the way does michigan make you have trail stickers? i remember i havd to get a $15 sticker a while back, vermont calls them (tmas) they are $75 for residents and $105 for out of state to ride. haven't ridden in mich. for 6 years wondering if they have clubs you can join and trail fees??? thanks! and the boarder to boarder trail ride is to raise money for cystic fibrosis. :p

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah, michigan costs $20 a year now, up from 15 just a few years ago. I ride in the U.P. When i am not there i ride in minnesota and wyoming. just returned from the mountains, way different riding. Anyway, i ride out of Bergland MI usually, somtimes i travel all the way up to houghton in the early part of the season to get the best snow. I do beleive they have clubs. I think they are the ones who groom the trails in local areas. dont quote me on that though. anyway, just thought i would chime in a lil'

dano

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:) thanks for the update, i always wondered who did the trails there. you have to join a club to ride here. it is part of the pass. it is cool cause it gets people active to help with landowners issues and keeping trails up. oh by the way our boarder to boarder cystic fibrosis ride is top to bottom of the state. i live off a beautiful lake and would love to do a tip of town type thing here, it would blow there minds!!! it would be great for the area here! although they are liability insurance scared here. rightfully so, it is soooo exspensive, trail insurance costs are around $170,000 for the SEASON with a deductable of $25,000. ouch! although i believe when a lake freezes in Vermont it is now considered a highway so you have to abide by the road rules and speed and do not have to have a trail pass. so maybe it can be done????? thanks alot for the info!:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts