Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure on the flange plates for a 96 ac zrt 600 ... the 2 plates on the pto side to hold the bearing in place... is one suposed to be on the inside of the chassis or tunnel and the other on the outside?? because ive read that theres no need to take the shaft out to replace the bearing but if both plates are inside the tunnel that would be next to impossible to do ..im thinking the old owner might of put them on wrong which doesnt surprize me cuz this isnt the first off the wall thing that was done to it... thanks brent

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Pretty sure one goes inside, and one outside (with a gasket between them to keep the grease from splooging out).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ty thats kinda what i figured but i wasnt sure ...it kinda matches the miss match sprokets in it and the wire harness and speedo cable laying on the pipes wrapped in tin foil....lol ill get it all right on of these days and hopfully have a nice sled out of the deal...the little bit i rode it it seems like a fun little ride

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Welcome to the world of buying "used". I go through the same process every time I buy another sled. Had to pop the head off my "new" (to me) sled a couple weeks ago, because whoever did the top end botched the cylinder gasket placement. When I took the head off, the metal gasket had "EX" and "UP" etched on it... but "UP" wasn't up, and "EX" was on the intake side. :dunno: The gasket between the cylinder was all scrunched up and torn. I replaced it and got it all back together... 1 pull, and it fired right up.

I thought they messed the jackshaft bearing up too, but after taking the flanges apart, it was actually put together correctly. Track was tight as heck too. NO droop at all. Skis weren't straight with the handlebars, etc. etc.

It took me a couple days in the garage, but it's all good now. I'm smiling because I paid $1,500 for an '04 sled that books at $2,200. Just gotta pay your dues in labor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts