Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went upnorth to Price County, Wisconsin on Wednesday, and came back Friday. We were going to stay til Sunday, but rain and warm temps hit basically our whole state and trails were absolute sh!t. Riding back on Thursday night sucked. Rain, and we were busting through the 6+ inch thick ice and snow base, and hitting slush 90% of the time going back. NOT fun!! Lakes were trash, and dangerous, and trails were rocky and junk. Still managed 200 miles but they weren't nice smooth miles. lol. Anyways, here's some pics. The last few pics are when we got home to my friends house, where there is basically NO snow anymore. I hate mother nature, and she is giving us an absolutely terrible winter. My sled ran flawless the whole time though so thats good! And, there is no snow at all in the 10 day forecast for down here, so this winter honestly doesn't look to great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Nicee.. so them are the rentals eh? haah

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Yea. Polaris needs to work on their touring sleds. One person they're fine, but put two people on and they will not turn worth a dang. I understand that's more weight on the back, but come on, they are MADE for two people, and they should turn just fine. These just push in the turns, even with dual carbides and the bars cranked. They need more ski pressure. Also, the whole trip, we did like 25mph. That was SOOOOO boring!! I can't stand riding that slow!!!

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Lmaoo.. If were ridin with noobs I dont mind goin slow, cuz there new to the sport, but otherwise, going slow SUCKS! Whenever people in my group go slow, I hang back really far till therre like almost outta site, then I ride hard and try to catch up lol

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea but these guys have ridden like all their lives. My friends dad use to race pro stock, and has ridden all his life, and his mom has rode for 5+ years. They just couldn't maneuver them POS polaris tourings. lol

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
That's there 4 place huh? How come they didn't bring there sleds?

·
2,742 Posts
lmaoo.. If were ridin with noobs i dont mind goin slow, cuz there new to the sport, but otherwise, going slow sucks! Whenever people in my group go slow, i hang back really far till therre like almost outta site, then i ride hard and try to catch up lol
h

·
2,742 Posts
Lmaoo.. If were ridin with noobs I dont mind goin slow, cuz there new to the sport, but otherwise, going slow SUCKS! Whenever people in my group go slow, I hang back really far till therre like almost outta site, then I ride hard and try to catch up lol
Haha that's what I do I got stuck behind the touring people and rentals I sit back before they see me and PUT ThE HAMMER DOWN and pass em they never knew what hit em!They were goin 5 mph legit!

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
We had the same problem when we were up tues-weds. Trails were crap in some spots and excellent in others.... very spotty. But we rode with my uncle and my cousin (ride old Cat 340's)... Everybody keeps up fine, but my uncle. I was leading and trying to keep the whole group together, so I was going like 30 most of the time. I was going 22mph and the rest of the pack slowly faded back out of sight, I'm just like **** it- and put the hammer down. That's what's great about my dad always letting me lead... He always goes his same pace- 30 in the woods, 45 in the straights; and I can go however fast/far ahead as I can with a 380. The 600 doesn't handle as good, so he keeps up in the woods when I'm driving that, but again in the straights- I'm gone.

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Ya i was up north last sunday through friday. Put on a couple hundred miles, around 450. Rode in vilas, iron, ashland, and gogebic counties. Iron co is nice, they opened up county land 2 years ago to public riding. theres about 100,000 acres of off-trail land you can ride and boondock through. I get bored trail riding, so i spent most of the time there. and even before the snow melted there really wasn't much, even with lake effect it was really localized. most snow i saw was maybe 2.5ft. we have more snow here than vilas co had.

·
Jay C
207 Posts
Well I went upnorth to Price County, Wisconsin on Wednesday, and came back Friday. We were going to stay til Sunday, but rain and warm temps hit basically our whole state and trails were absolute sh!t. Riding back on Thursday night sucked. Rain, and we were busting through the 6+ inch thick ice and snow base, and hitting slush 90% of the time going back. NOT fun!! Lakes were trash, and dangerous, and trails were rocky and junk. Still managed 200 miles but they weren't nice smooth miles. lol. Anyways, here's some pics. The last few pics are when we got home to my friends house, where there is basically NO snow anymore. I hate mother nature, and she is giving us an absolutely terrible winter. My sled ran flawless the whole time though so thats good! And, there is no snow at all in the 10 day forecast for down here, so this winter honestly doesn't look to great.
"absolutely terrible winter" ??????
it is only January 2nd....where I live, we hardly ever get ridable trails until mid January...this year I put 500 miles on in December...Unheard of!!! I would say this is a fairly good winter

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ehh, compared to last winters OK winter, this one sucks so far. They don't have any other sleds besides my friends ski doo, and they rented that trailer. lmao.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts