Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, just bought a new black F6. i love it, and its my new best friend. well, on sunday, i took down to the lake, and decided to do just a lil ridin, to put some break in miles on it. i rode for about 2 hours, and was on my way back to the truck. i was goin about a 100( not exaggertaing) and hit a huge patch of glare ice. my sled fetched up sideways, with no picks and all, and caught the snow. i flew off, and slid on my stomach for about 200 yards. my sled went all over holy hell. the sled took it much better than i expected, mostly just cosmetic damage, an it slid the track over the sliders out of line. but like a cat, she landed on her feet :D. oh yeah, i am fine, limpin a bit, but the sled only had 67 miles on it. ouch. i took it back to the dealership for the work, and was told that it was the shortest time they sold a new sled and had it wrecked ever. my buddy saw it, and hes all shook up about it, cant believe im alive and stuff, im just bummed my sleds all crashed up. im goin to toaday to get a quote on some pics. they take like 102, right down the middle right?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
woah man, your lucky!!!

That's pretty quick to wreck a sled, and you shoudn't be going 100mph with only 65miles on the sled ---it's called a break-in

Just out of curiousity how old are you?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would be willing to bet he is 17, just a hint since its Thomcat86 that would make him 17 or 18.. :+) Nice call with the break in Geforce, BTW hows your new sled runnin big guy??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know, im a lucky kid. maybe for my second time around, ill take it easy, and actually break it in. it was just so tempting, i was good all day, i was itching to kiss 100. by the way, yeah, im 17. good observation man :) i figure ill probably take it easy for a while with it, well atleast until some jerk says his 600 somethin or other will smoke me:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
actually my buddy just bought a new F7 and wrecked it the first quater mile he ever rode it. so he brought it up to my body shop and my dad had to fix alot. but thas ok. my dad loves working on sleds alot more than cars during the winter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, ive riddin forever, i guess it was just a freak thing, never had that happen before. but i also usually ride with picks, so that had something to do with it

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Incapable of handling? HE hit a patch of ICE!!! and no pics!! Thats why pics are a MUST!:p

·
Registered
105 Posts
wow, maybe a little harsh on the kid. i do a lot of riding on the local river and bare ice pops out up every once and a while, especially when a guy with a 4 wheeler decides to whip shittys in the middle of a channel???? maybe 100 was a little fast (especially with under 100 miles on it) but i think that he learned something. i don';t have studs either but i check out the route before i iopen it up

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
drz400 said:
Another thing that is even more important is a BRAIN. There is no replacement for experience and common sense. Ride a machine that you are capable of controlling. Once you gain valuable the experience that you need, move up to the next performance level.

I dont see how you think he cant control it. It was ice!
I also think you are being a little harsh too.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
in all my experiences with ice (i live beside a lake), I've never ever been going sideways on ice unless it's intentional and under 30mph. All my top speed runs on done on sheer ice, simply put I don't understand how you can get sideways unless your turning when you hit the ice.....if your on ice and you try to turn, you'll keep going straight........and my tracks aren't studded

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, lil rough, once again, i wasnt being dumb, it happens, it was windy, the lake changes as the day goes. sure it wasnt the brightest thing ive ever done, but lack of control? please save me the lecture. there was nothin i could do, i agree, i have never gooten fetched up sideways going straight either, but i dought it has anything to do my ability to control my machine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the defense SledRiderRMK800, atleast someone can see where im commin from

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Thomcat86 said:
thanks for the defense SledRiderRMK800, atleast someone can see where im commin from
You're welcome, it pi$$e$ me off when some people go off sayin " oh he didnt have control. blah blah." it was ice and fast speed nothing you can help especially if you didnt see it!

Hey your from maine where are you located?? I am in Westbrook, near Portland.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Ok.. what do you mean by that?

·
Registered
711 Posts
dont worry thomcat and sledriderrmk800, i took care of it. a lesson learned that you will laugh about later. i am glad you are ok and still a memberof this forum, not a former dead member. i have been there, i get upset when people rag on a person simply for there age. if a 25 year old did the same thing, no one would think less of it. be safe man!!! and keep riding the good ride.

dano

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no way dude! i live in windham, where about in westbrook? i live near the jail in south windham. where do u usually ride? how old are u? and Dano, thanks for that, i feel a little better

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thomcat or others for that matter, I wasn't rippin on your for being 17, Thomcat I'm only 16, I've had a few fun times on my sled that would have been kodak pics. Good luck with those new studs, and have fun riding.

Damn I wish I could ride out in maine and around there!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Thomcat86 said:
no way dude! i live in windham, where about in westbrook? i live near the jail in south windham. where do u usually ride? how old are u? and Dano, thanks for that, i feel a little better

Woah small world. I live rite next to the sappi paper mill like in the middle of westbrook i live basically right off cumberland street which turns into river road. thats cool man. i ride the pipelines that cross river road after sunset ridge. im 14. how about you??

Yea thanks Dano i appreciate it too lol

By the way what lake were you on when you did this?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts