Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the city of Champions.

So far I have got a some good info from this sight and have many more questions I hope you can point me to the answers.

This is my first sled and also have a Correct Craft boat, and a KTM xc250.

I guess I have land and sea covered only toy left is a plane :)

Thats alittle about myself now for some questions.
2007 Polaris 600iq 450miles.
I can do alot of my own work so what is involved with post break in maintenance? -Grease fittings how often?
Is there anything specific on the site?
I have NO sled lingo... what is a tunnel bag?

I need gear, the guys I will ride with all recommend KLIM. And although I agree I need to start from the bottom and have a budget.
Looking at castle X pants? I will do my research on the site.

What about helmets. Anything decent around $150? From what I hear I want the breath deflector and a heated shield. I have had Bell and 6one6 helmets in the past.

Well the snow is starting to fall in western PA. I have to send out the front shocks to get revalved, so that gives me plenty of time to start reading over the site and order some gear.

Get me pointed in the right direction and see you in the threads.- Im normally not this long winded. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do Forum members get any discounts anywhere online? 10%?

So far looking at Klim and arctiva for pants. Hate to spen $300 on a them but my buddies say they are GARUNTEED not to get wet. That might just be only way to go?

Also looking at a skidoo modular helmet. Sure would like to get some sort of discount?

·
Super Moderator
16,797 Posts
I have had really good luck with the Polaris helmet, they are designed with a really good nose cup to help prevent fogging.

Gear doesn't get any better than Klim, but other gear will keep you dry. I use a Cabella's coat and Katahdin bibs and am never wet. I do have Klim boots, though. They rock!

A tunnel bag is an accessory that adds storage capacity to a snowmobile. Some sleds (like my 07 and 08 RMK's) don't have ANY storage, you have to add a bag to be able to carry anything.

If you go to the Engine/drivetrain section of the forum, there are some stickies at the top that have some maintenance checklists.

Good luck, welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts