Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this site and I have always wanted a sled. I finally purchased a 2001 Venture 600. It has 1400 miles on it and it looks brand new. An older gentleman purchased it new and he had to sell it for medical reasons. Anyways it runs good but I think the rear hand warmers are broke? The front units get really hot when I turn them up but the rears dont seem to get that hot? There is a switch on the back for high and low but if it is on low you cant feel it. When it is on high there is some warmth but nowhere near what the front puts out. is it normal for them to work better as the engine rpms increase? I know there is a resistor on the back maybe it is going bad? Any help would be apprecited. Raining here in Ohio I want snow bad now...

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
hand warmers seem to be different temps one sled to another.
But I would say if there was something wrong they wouldn't work at all. They will get warmer with higher rpm's and it may take a while to fully heat up. Think you'll find yourself with the fronts on low and rears on high and they will be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your warmers will work better at higher RPM's since the voltage does increase.
It is possible that the resistor is going.
The rear harmers may react different than the front but should get just as hot.
If you have a multimeter start the sled and compare the voltage at the front warmers and the back.
Your control for the back warmers may also be deffective.

·
Registered
6 Posts
handwarmers

My dad rides a 97 venture 500 and we thought we had the same problem. It just turns out that it takes a while for the rears to get warmed up. I found that after about 20 minutes of riding the rears on our sled started getting warm enough to feel through gloves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts