Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey even though I just got my new Pol, I was wondering what you guys suggest for the first mod? Things such as cost, and easy of installation would be good. I do have mechanical knowledge as I have done many mods to my Mustang. Any input would be greatly appeciated thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Being a 2004 sled, you'll wont be able to find much for aftermarket stuff till next year.
A bud just got the same sled. He owns/ runs a parts store, he comes up with anything Ill let ya know.

you should be set for now it is an 800.
Besides it'll give ya a chance to break it in and find the weak spots, If you can find any. ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gee, that sled of yours is pretty much my idea of perfection right out of the box! Don't bother with mods- maybe some cool accesories like a windshield bag, spare oil holder in the engine compartment, heated helmet shield plug, front shock covers- stuff like that.

Go ahead and start modding the engine if you want to tear your arms out of the sockets and break the sound barrior!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you lol, I do kinda wanna dislocate my arms, sorry im a guy for speed thats all, used to racing in the stang so I guess i'll have ot wait to really open the sled up to see....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Point taken (what was I thinking). My buddy has an '03 800 xcsp and that thing friggin hauls!

I know if I just bought a new sled I wouldn't be able to afford squat, but they say those V-force reeds, a free-flow pipe and a silencer will add 20-30 horsies! Go for it and play with the fish cops (if they even see or hear you cause you'll be traveling faster than the speed of light and sound!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey, nice machine!!! i got an '02 800. get some twin pipes and v-force reeds, you should be all set then. the pipes will set you back about $700, but power is everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts