Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the top speed of a F5? Is it a good quality sled? I'm just wondering if I should buy one or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
heck yeah you should buy one. the top speed is in triple digits. they are great sleds. a little tippier than a regular sled because of the 13.5" track. but they maneuver like a maniac.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
yup, an F5 will hit 100 in the right conditions on the speedo, not sure how off it is.

They handle pretty well too once you get used to the fact that they won't tip over on you....took me a while to get used to when I rode one

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
speedos are around 10%

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. I really need a new sled. I got a 92 440 Jag right now, cant keep up with the competition these days. Also, do you guys know what the F6 is like. Is it much better than the F5. Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
liener, the fastest i'v ever had my 5 was 92 mph and it didnt have anything left. The chassis absolutly rocks once you get used to the narrow track. THE ONLY reason i chose the 5 was the insurance rates on the 700 and the f6 wasn't out yet. I can tell you the next sled i buy WILL be efi (awsome throttle response, light throttle pull and easy cold starting) I love my f5 but need atleast 15 ponies and efi.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys. IF you know anything about 02 500 could you answer a question I have over in Arctic Cat Forums.
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts