Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my dads friend last night with the Fusion and he said they were riding last week up near the forks, and his buddy with a F& Sno-Pro orange. It took them forever to find where the high beam/low beam switch was, and he said its the brake lever you puch it like you do on a car. Is it like that for all F-Cats or not?? That seems like a weird posiiton, but it cant be too bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'm pretty sure its like that on all Arctic Cats because my ZR has it that way and my friends older 550 has it that way too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No, you just flick the brake lever forward and it clicks to high/low beam. It takes a few rides to get used to but after that you will never want to go back. Its exclusive on the f-chassis sleds.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it seems like a good idea, you dont have to look down at the bars.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
yea, it took me forever to find it. on my last sled 03' ZL 550, i had to call the dealer. I tho thatthey forgot to install it

·
Registered
570 Posts
need an f9 said:
No, you just flick the brake lever forward and it clicks to high/low beam. It takes a few rides to get used to but after that you will never want to go back. Its exclusive on the f-chassis sleds.

No it's on all of the cats now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Boy what a relief to find out that I wasn't the only one who couldn't figure out where that blasted high beam switch was. I was out for my first night ride with my first ever Arctic Cat (F5) and I had to stop and head back home because I couldn't switch to high beams. Well, when I got back to town I stopped under a street light, looked all over for a toggle switch or button or something to push and then somehow accidently pushed the brake lever and voila' - bright lights. Should have read the owners manual closer I geuss.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skavdog thats exactly what happened to my friends, but they didnt turn around lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe if Arctic-Cat made a decent manual for their sleds it would have been easier to figure out, i found out by accident, but their manual isn't worth a ****. Polaris has bigger manuals and they have different ones for different models. That would be nice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You shouldn't have to rely on the manual to learn everything about the sled. If you buy it new, the dealer has a responsability to explain everything about the snowmobile to you. If they aren't doing that then they aren't a very good dealer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
YamahaRyy said:
yea, it took me forever to find it. on my last sled 03' ZL 550, i had to call the dealer. I tho thatthey forgot to install it
The '03 ZL 550 had the conventional switch like the rest of the Cats. It DIDN'T have the same system as the Firecats....

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
YamahaVector said:
You shouldn't have to rely on the manual to learn everything about the sled. If you buy it new, the dealer has a responsability to explain everything about the snowmobile to you. If they aren't doing that then they aren't a very good dealer.
I couldn't agree less, the dealer is under no obligation to explain ANYTHING to you unless you ask, if you ask, the dealer should answer.

it is however YOUR responsibility to read the owner's manual :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
DitchPickle said:
The '03 ZL 550 had the conventional switch like the rest of the Cats. It DIDN'T have the same system as the Firecats....

I guess my 03 ZL550 was a mistake from the factory. It had the hi/low beam switch on the brake lever.

·
Registered
570 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
I couldn't agree less, the dealer is under no obligation to explain ANYTHING to you unless you ask, if you ask, the dealer should answer.

it is however YOUR responsibility to read the owner's manual :)

If the dealer is under no obligation to explain anything about the sled to you then why does every survey from the factory ask if every function of the snowmobile was explain when you picked it up from the dealer. It is very important and any dealership that doesn't do it will hear about it from the factory.

·
Registered
170 Posts
YamahaVector said:
I guess my 03 ZL550 was a mistake from the factory. It had the hi/low beam switch on the brake lever.
Sorry dude! My mistake! One of my co-workers has a 2003 ZL 500 and I could have sworn it had the pushbutton...

Anyways, my apologies!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
DitchPickle said:
Sorry dude! My mistake! One of my co-workers has a 2003 ZL 500 and I could have sworn it had the pushbutton...

Anyways, my apologies!!
Sorry I was so harsh on you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts