Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love my new f5, there is just something about pullin wheelies on a sled that gets me off i guess, but i do alot of rinding in northern nh and after about 70 miles the oil lite comes on, in my old zrt 6 i used to be able to go about 200 miles before evan thinkin about addin oil, i called a dealer and they said this is characteristic of the firecat, does anyone know of an aftermarket oil tank for the firecat that is larger? or anm i just going to have to get used to carryin oil in my trunk all the time??

·
Administrator
1,084 Posts
goose929 said:
i love my new f5, there is just something about pullin wheelies on a sled that gets me off i guess, but i do alot of rinding in northern nh and after about 70 miles the oil lite comes on, in my old zrt 6 i used to be able to go about 200 miles before evan thinkin about addin oil, i called a dealer and they said this is characteristic of the firecat, does anyone know of an aftermarket oil tank for the firecat that is larger? or anm i just going to have to get used to carryin oil in my trunk all the time??
Hey goose. ;) Well it is good that you called the dealer about this, and I too am suprised that the firecats burn as much oil as they do. I have a 500 EFI cat and it uses about a quart of oil for every 200 miles I would guess.

Unfortunately I don't know of any aftermarkets oil tanks. How large is the stock fircat oil tank anywho? My next suggestion would be to call up your dealer and ask about finding an aftermarket tanks... or buy an internal oil holder. They make oil holders that mount under the hoood and hold 1 quart bottles with a bunge strap. That way you can carry extra oil in the engine compartment instead of in the seat with your snickers bars. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cobra

i am not sure about the size of the oil tank, i dont think it is any bigger than the one that was on my zrt. as for the oil holder that is an idea , it would be better than me having to worry about the bottle bouncin around and bustin open in the trunk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts