Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started out as a 1991 RXL that I got from my neighbor that bought a new one and wanted it out of his yard and out of 2 sleds I ended up with a great performing old girl. I bought a 1994 RXL long track in pieces and used parts to rebuild the front and rear suspension , seat , tank and hood. The clutch is off a 1997 Ultra and works real well on this.

Anyways i just thought I would share what can be done for a couple hundred bucks and a few hours.

Attachments

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
well i'm sure you could have saved some time and got one that was all done for the same price. But i would have done what you did. I like to work on stuff also. good job it looks good.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm sure you could have saved some time and got one that was all done for the same price. But i would have done what you did. I like to work on stuff also. good job it looks good.
Thanks ... but I don't think I could have bought one in this good of shape for $327.00 .... lol

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
thats a really good lookin RXL! I dig it! good work!

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
well i guess not lol good finds!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
whats the other sled pictured?

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Looks good arent to many of those left around here :thumbsup:

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
thats one bad looking cat also.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was my 1995 XLT ... I'm still kicking my ass for getting talked into selling it , one of the best machines I've owned . I can only hope that this one gives me as few problems.

Attachments

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
how fast was your XLT? i'm getting a 96 next month and just wondering how fast they are. it is all stock just bored .10 over.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how fast was your XLT? i'm getting a 96 next month and just wondering how fast they are. it is all stock just bored .10 over.
It was clutched , geared , studded and jetted with a can on it .... the speedo said 108 mph but at the radar run 103 was all it could do.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
bring the front end up? or was it to heavy? I may get that storm also so the XLT would be a back up can't pass up the deal on the xlt. $700 for that and a 94 jag 440 from my uncle.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The XLT was a great machine .. it had plenty of power and I had the front limiter pulled tight to keep the skis planted for fast trail riding. It had no problem stuffing it to my buddy's 97' ZRT 600 .. Once it was clutched I actually went to a taller gear to help with mid range and top end because it had plenty down low.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
ok thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts