Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newcomer to snowmobiling, this will be the first summer my sled has sat. I am looking for any maintenence tips for this fall before doing any riding. The only thing that I did so far was to add fuel stabilizer before putting it in storage. I will be doing some routine suspension adjustment and clutch work, but am looking for any other things that it's a good idea to look at.

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
For the summer I put fuel stabilizer in the tank, then run it for hte last time for a few minutes, then I pull the plugs and put oil on top of the pistons, then pull a few times to work it in. Come fall I put gumout in the tank to run through the carbs, then start and let it run for a few minutes. Next time it starts I am on the snow!!! I have no idea what other people do but I have done this 4 summers and it has never given me a problem!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
There are many grease fittings on the sled also, in the suspension system, as well as the steering system. Take care of these with some multi purpose grease and grease gun. Also check your chaincase oil level and track tension.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
FOR SUMMER STORAGE I PUT IN A STABLIZER, GREASE ALL FITTINGS CHECK SKIS,CARBIDES AND HYFAX FOR WEAR SO I CAN GATHER THESE DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS AND PUT HER IN THE SHOP. I FIRE IT UP ONCE A MONTH LET IT RUN TILL UP TO TEMP AND SHUT IT DOWN. IN THE FALL I REPLACE PLUGS, CHECK FLUIDS AND RE-GREASE ALL FITTINGS, CHECK BELT, IDLER WHEELS AND RELACE ANYTHING THAT I FOUND IN THE SPRING THEN I SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR THAT LAKE EFFECT SNOW TO START DUMPING

1 - 5 of 5 Posts