Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F7 and I am thinking about getting a F8 kit from Blackmagic Racing but wanted to know if anyone has installed one of there F8 kits in there sled? And let me know how it runs and so on? is it worth the funds...

Let us all pray for SNOW.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to BlackMagic Performance today and they said with swaping out the jugs and head the kit comes complete with gaskets and all and gives you 160hp's!!! if you add Reeds and pipe loooooooookout he said... So I am taking apart my sled this weekend to send them my core and they will then send me the complete kit with the upgraded computer as well for the EFI..I will post results as I get them...

let us all pray for lots of snow....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
damn dude, thats going to be insane.

·
Registered
16 Posts
j/w

how much did that f8 kit cost????? what do you have to send them back???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was 1500.00 , and you needed to send them your jugs and head first..If you wanted to keep your efi you need to buy an upgraded computer which was 250.00...

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh

you don't get like a cool head and what do you get for $1500 and what other options can you get like pipe reeds etc and what are the prices?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
sorb, the prices on the F8 are crazy. check out blackmagic.com thats who has the answers you are looking for. all the pipes/silencers/reeds/f8/etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out blackmagic.com they do have alot of the answers you are looking for.. I do also think that 1500.00 for the kit is a bit high, I mean all it really is are a couple of pistons,new cyclinders,new head and some gaskets...right ? does any one know if you can just buy your ouw pistons anf have the jugs boredout yourself?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
buy yourself a set of wisecos if you wanna do that.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah, If you haven't already purchased the F8 kit, I would go the other route. You probably wont be able to bore the cylinders up tp 800cc, But you could see what the biggest piston Wiseco makes for your sled, purchase the pistons and rings and have the cylinders bored to the piston size (don't let anyone bore without having the pistons first, they need to be measured for tolerance). You might be able to get up to approximately 750cc from your 700. I had the cylinder on my quad (single 250cc) bored .80 over, which is the max and it brought it up to about 270cc. Wiseco piston was $90.00 (a piece) and bore for one cylinder was $30.00, done by a friend who also trail ported while he had the cylinder. Regardless this is alot less than the F8 kit, which leaves you plenty of money for other mods that could probably bring you up to the same horsepower ratings. You could probably do this and still get the computer module for the EFI through blacmagics which probably just ups the amount of fuel/air and advances the timing. Just a thought. Hope this helps with your decisions.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
but if you have the money to spend the f8 kit is definetely what you want, because after that you can then pipe/clutch/reeds/etc and have extreme gains, that woiuld only equal the f8 kit if you just added wisecos and had a bigger bore.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You would have to call Wiseco. ( 1-440-951-6600 ). They will tell you the available sizes for your sled. They generally make pistons up to the maximum bore of the cylinder. So whatever they say is the biggest piston will be the max you can bore before resleeving. They should be able to tell you what the displacement of your engine will be with the bore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
about f8 kit

d&d racing makes a f8 kit for f7 and f6 makes 165 + horsepower dont know if that will help you there located in upstate new york if you get in touch with them ask to speak with dan or dale

alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
ummmm i was wondering if any of you knew how much a 711 engine for a fire cat chassie would cost i got a f-5 and i called up cat and they said they would have to look up the prce and thats taking to long so i was wondering if any of you know

·
Registered
36 Posts
don't get a 711 motor they are junk. go with d&d or speedwerx. as for the f8 kit. my buddy i race with put one on his f6 nightfire and it's strong but still can't beat his f7 in a drag race. alot of money to spend for that kit. just clutch and gear your sled and it helps a ton. i heard the stock pipe is pretty good and you could add reeds if you want a little more out of the motor. or just wait. cat unveils the 2005 sleds to the dealers on feb. 10th. they could have something big in the firecat chassis.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts