Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok looking to buy first artic cat but not sure what one to buy? I want something light so I can throw it around in the cornors but I also want something fast!!!!. Heard alot about the F7 and everyone says the 03 are the ones to buy but I was looking for something a little newer than an 03. Anyone have any suggestions. Also how much faster are the 03 than the other years and why? Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 03's arent that much fastewr maybe a few mphs 03 and 04 f7s were faster because theyre the chaincase models in 05 and 06 they switch to the diamond drive which is a little fast off the line but less topend theyre all not that big of a difference all models are fast as hell.
i have an 04 f7 ext and it ripsss if you touch the gas your goin its really light so if your going through powder you can lean and rock thew sled back and forth very easily..........i would recommend getting an f7
however my second recommendation would be a zr ive heard some good things about those sleds as well they corner really well on the trails
id go with the f7 but thats my opinion theyre bad ass looking :cheeky4:

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
For the most part I agree, the 02-06 ZR 800-900 are VERY fast and have more top end, but they are heavier, but are more comfortable to ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts