Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day when I was riding my 05 sno pro with fox floats in -17 weather the front end was freezing up. The shocks were getting very stiff and solid. I could hardly push them down and they would hardly move at all really. They have 60 psi in them because someone on this forum told me to put that much in them because I weigh 140 and like to jump my sled but also like to trail ride. I'm thinking they have to be rebuilt ? bad oil in them ? oil getting thick ?When it sits in the heated garage they come around and work fine. Has anyones fox floats seemed rock solid like this in -10 to -20 weather ? What could I do to try to fix this other then send them off to get rebuilt because im planning to go on a trip this weekend.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i've got a set on my sled its just the nature of them!! the one thing i did to help free them up was to remove the sway bar its softens the front ALOT but helps with cornering

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got a set on my sled its just the nature of them!! the one thing i did to help free them up was to remove the sway bar its softens the front ALOT but helps with cornering
So these shocks are pretty much useless in -10 to -20 weather because they freeze up ....

And do you happen to have a close up picture of the front end of your sled ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah these shocks are pretty much junk in my eyes.
I took the sway bar off the sled today and were going out sledding saturday so i guess ill see if its any better, it feels more plush and free without it so i hope it helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.