Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just picked up a 03 F7 yesterday with about 4,000mi on it. I went for my first ride on it this morning. Overall I'm impressed so far!

I have a couple questions:

In the first few minutes of riding, it felt like it was missing/bogging at around 4500 RPMs and 1/2 throttle. Opening the throttle a bit more made this bogging worse. This seemed to go away after it totally warmed up, and it rode fine the rest of the day. Is this something to be concerned about? I don't think it has been ridden at all this season yet.

What kind of plugs should I buy? I won't have the manual for a week yet, as the dealer lost it and is ordering me one.

How do I tell if the recalls have been done? The dealer says it has been freshly serviced.

Thanks,
Matt

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
There should be a Arctic-Cat database saying what/if any recalls have been done on your sled.

if the sled ONLY bogs on warm-up I wouldn't be concerned, I'm not sure if that couldn't be the beginning of something though?

My sleds always feel sluggish on warm-up, like they're running on 1.5 cylinders :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Like previos posts, its probably because its not warmed yet. Go out and start it and let it run for a few minutes before you ride it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. I let it warm up longer tonight and it seemed to take the throttle much better. All of this new snowmobile technology is new to me, as I traded my 87 Cougar 500 on this beast. What a difference a couple decades makes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts