Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much oil do you guys with F7's go through? just over 140 miles and i used 1 gallon. dealer leaned it out a little for me so i am hoping that it will help. Normally how many miles does it take for you to use a gallon?

·
Registered
55 Posts
oil consumption

That is totally sick.With my 99zl 600 efi I go 175 miles with one litre of oil.Not sure about f7 but theres no way you should use THAT much.You should go at least 125 miles with one litre not one gallon.Cost you as much for oil as is does for gas Think about it thats one litre per 35 miles I would definately get that sled to the dealer and get it adjusted.

my 00.2 cents

·
Registered
183 Posts
There are a couple of F-7's in our group and they are like most of us that have the big cc's, 1-quart of oil per 100 mi. is average. shane

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah that sounds like a whole lot of oil, you should be running at 50:1, so if my saturday morning calculations are right, you should be using 1 gallon of oil per 50 gallons of gas, and i highly doubt you have used that much gas cause that would be like 2.8 mpg.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealer leaned it out for me, now using exactly 1 cup to 40 miles, that equals 640 miles to a gallon of oil. much better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts