Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, if i get my oil issue fixed(in my other post) then i will prb do this .....but......
i was thinking about entering a hill climbing contest at song mountain in tully new york. i know i'm not gonna win if i do it cuz im sure someone will have there sled all modded out and what not but i think itd be fun to try and see how my sled does......its the 144in ext long track i think with 1.5 or 1.25 inch lugs and bone stock
Just any comments is all im looking for as to how my sled will do......and if im outta my mind and gonna make a fool of myself please tell me lol jk :laugh:

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
Well even the EXT isn't a hill climber! Oh and if you like your hood, you might want to take it off before you head up the hill!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Are you doing the "king of the hill" (4 guys drag race up the hill) or an actual hill climb? An actual hill climb you maybe out of your mind, and you will need to do alot of clutch changes, stock clutching won't cut it, but a king of the hill race you may do good. Those f7's stock are a force to be recond with. Is your sled efi?

·
Registered
127 Posts
the f7 is a climber for sure i have a 03 f7 with a 144 and 2.25 lug track i can climb the same hills as my dads 08 xp800 with a 163 in these north idaho mountains in powder, and wet snow its all about the rider and the weight i only weigh 140lbs so thats a big advantage

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you doing the "king of the hill" (4 guys drag race up the hill) or an actual hill climb? An actual hill climb you maybe out of your mind, and you will need to do alot of clutch changes, stock clutching won't cut it, but a king of the hill race you may do good. Those f7's stock are a force to be recond with. Is your sled efi?
Im not sure if its that but i think its just racing one another person next to you i think thats what it is and its just a huge ski trail weregoing up so it will be all groomed............an yea its efi will that be better performamce?

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
In most hill climbs, many of the sleds don't quite make it and end up heading down the hill, mostly without rider, and mostly end for end, side to side, front to back... can you spell "yard sale?" Removing the hood means when you wreck, you don't have to buy a new hood. ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouldn't think it would do very good, but you may as well check it out. Watching everyone else try is well worth the trip. I don't know what the snow is like there, but where i'm from you usually need a longer track and deeper lugs, but if its packed you might go right up it! (they are usually alot steeper in person than they look on tv!)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep have you ever watched those guys?
ha yea ive some pretty bad crashes on youtube well this mountain isnt really a mountain like its just a giant hill kinda lol i found a video youtube of one of the final contestants 2 years ago feb 09 in the contest here the links

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is the same hill theyre doing the race up again so its just big groomed ski trail i think i may just try it.......even if i get owned whocares lol itll still be fun to ride up the mountain

·
Registered
127 Posts
ha yea ive some pretty bad crashes on youtube well this mountain isnt really a mountain like its just a giant hill kinda lol i found a video youtube of one of the final contestants 2 years ago feb 09 in the contest here the links
YouTube - geoff arnold hill climb
you guys call that a hill climb thats suome funny crap my nephews bravo short track could make it up that check out the 509 evalution film and see what real climbing is

·
Registered
280 Posts
If it was something pretty mild like that i'd totally do it. Once they add insane climb angles and lots of jumps and so on... no fricken thank you! A good indicator is if they have a few catch nets setup. lol Being a newbie to it, your chances of being that guy go way up! But again... if it was nice and mild like that video above - as long as your a decent rider the risk should be really minimal!

I swear those hill climb guys must be rich, insane, or both.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it was something pretty mild like that i'd totally do it. Once they add insane climb angles and lots of jumps and so on... no fricken thank you! A good indicator is if they have a few catch nets setup. lol Being a newbie to it, your chances of being that guy go way up! But again... if it was nice and mild like that video above - as long as your a decent rider the risk should be really minimal!

I swear those hill climb guys must be rich, insane, or both.
Ha ha yea i know its just a giant ski trail and ill be racing in the stock 700 class so i think ill do pretty good with the f7 :cheeky4:
And yea im not an EXPERT driver but ive got some experience and know what im doing so i should be okay going up.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sat, Jan 22 - Snowmobile Hill Climb 4PM Till
Maybe I'll see you there.
ha yea idk i checked online and it said saturday the 29th so idk im gonna call and find out but either way ill be there.........maybe ill see you there lol ill be the guy with black yellow and red F7 with Monster Energy Jacket

1 - 20 of 22 Posts