Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my sled out for the lfirst time last weak, ran great didnt miss a beat, went to drive it the next day and started it and it started idleing really high then i would flick the throttle to see if it would change and it would go down then start runnin rough like it was on one cylinder then would die, restart it and it would run rough then die, would start it again and drive it around and it would seem to clear up at higher rpms and when the sled got warmer, changed the plugs and drove it around seemed ok but if i would just cruise around the yard and then try to accelerate hard it would cut out then cut back in, dont think it could be bad gass since it ran great the night before, sticky injector? or throttle position sensor, anybody have any ideas for me? my sled is a 2003 f7 efi thanx alot

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no haven done that, i cant see why it would be bad gas if the sled ran great the night before?

·
GO GREEN OR GO HOME!
1,564 Posts
buddys sled did the same thing this past ride. ran great first 20 miles then bogged down started runnin crappy on one cylinder.....would clear up up high, bad gas and cleaned carbs shes a ok

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i'll put some premium in and see what it does thank you, anyone else think it could be something else?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
throttle position sensor, its efi dont have carbs, so why would it run fine the nite before then the next day it runs like crap?

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Did you use new plugs when you "changed" them?? (Might be surprised how many people re-install used plugs).
Suck any/all old fuel out & refill with fresh 87.
Should start with the easy stuff before you go swapping parts for no particular reason.....

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
are one of your exhaust valves sticking in the "open" position? might want to check that too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
used brand new plugs. how do i check the exhaust valves just pull them out spraw them with brake clean and clean them up and re install them?

·
GO GREEN OR GO HOME!
1,564 Posts
yeah and a razor blade to scrape off carbon, keep ports covered when valves r out, might as well check cable lengh too, i believe it should b 1.35"

·
Registered
416 Posts
my sled did the same thing, i had it running good, then i added new gas, and the gas just like sludged, it wouldnt run in it, i drained and cleaned my tank, new gas back to the same.

there was nothing wrong, everything was working fine, fuel spark, the gas just wouldnt burn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts