Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im want to buy an 02 or 03 sno pro and was wondering if it would be possible to put an f7 engine into it. would it bolt right up in the sno pro? what changes will have to be made? will i need a complete electrical system from an f7? what about the exhaust and clutch? will there be enough clearance in the sno pro frame? im assuming the 02 and 03 sno pro's have the same chassis as the f7? any input would be appreciated.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
This is very possible, alot of the racers put F7 motors in stock chassis during 02/03 race season. IF you have a complete sled with a 440 motor you can sent the 440 motor to speedwerx or D&D and they will make it in to a 600. I would recomend that, way cheaper/2795, and like 4000 for a f7 motor. if you buy a 2003 you will need a complete cooling system. as for electrical all of the stock stuff should match up, etc for the cdi. as for prices I would not buy either sled for over 3000 no matter what the seller says.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i do the f7 conversion i will probablly find an engine from a wrecked sled on e-bay and just sell the 440 engine. why would you not spend more than 3k on one of these? i found an 02 with 300 miles for 3500 and its immaculate. what kind of gas milage do the snopros get? what about top end speed? thanks alot
-mooch

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
who wants a 02 or 03 sno pro motor? no one. the going rate for a one year used sled is 3500. I would not pay more than 3500 for a race sled. I bough a 04 for 3500. and the 2002 and 2003 are not the most sought after race sleds, no matter how they look. Im just telling you what they are worth.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
You also will need a clutch kit and different gearing/chain. stock they do like 65-70.

you are gettin ripped off big time. dont listen what ever im just tryin to save you money.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If i keep my f-5 I'm also going to try to shoehorn an f-7 motor in it over the summer. I've been working with the local dealer and insurance companies for about a year now to get one. I've been looking on e-bay as well but i'm looking to get a whole sled real cheap. If you want to go real fast get a 700 cause the little motors are geared WAY low. I can almost and i say almost run with my buddies 700 till about 30mph.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts