Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about a new snowmobile and i have a couple questions about the firecat.

After hearing about the F7 and its speed i decided that a F6 would be more appropriate for me, EFI. Im not sure if i would need snow pro or not but im about 220 pounds 6ft and dont ride really agressivly but i do jump every once in a while.

How is the handling/turning on the F6's? How cold are they?

So tell me what you think about Snowpro's and The handling?

·
Registered
233 Posts
from what i understand sno pro is better for the small stuff. i however am not sure. i myself am supposed to pick up a 04 f5 non sno pro from the dealer sometime

·
Registered
66 Posts
F6 SnoPro

i am thinking about getting the same sled.. 2005 Firecat F6 EFI SnoPro.... i am about 200 pounds..... but compared to the peeps that i ride with i am one of the more aggressive riders... everyone else is sitting most of the time... but me im either kneeling or standing most of the time.... like ditchbanging and jumping.... speed is also good but like u said F7 has lots of speed but for around me F6 is all i need..... the snopro package is just prefrence.... i have friends who have a F5 Sno Pro and a friend who has a F6 reg suspension and they both love it.... i just woud prefer to know that if (when) i do hit a big jump that im not going to blow out the suspension or something.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 700 Sabercat and it is great for trail riding at reasonable speeds but when we crank it up the suspension is to soft on the BIG bumps.If I was going to buy one today it would be an F-7 EFI standard suspension.
Take the money you were going to spend on the Sno-pro and get the extra 100cc. There is no substitute for HORSEPOWER and the F-7 has it!!! By the way I am 6' 210#
good luck Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea there is no subsitute for horsepower when you can use it.... but everywhere i have read the F6 and the F7 are almost dead even for like 1500 ft then the F7 topend takes over and pulls on the F6.... but If he is like me and where i ride around my home then only place you will get up above 80 mph is in cornfields.... and most the time on the trails u are runnin 50 mph.... so i think i would rather take the money and get the stronger suspension and know that i can jump the sled and now worry about blowing out the suspension instead of buying the F7 with 140 horsepower and not being able to use the extra power when the F6 with 118 horsepower is plenty for my riding........

·
Registered
233 Posts
they (all 3) are even in the first 1000' then they pull out by cc's if the fastes you are gonna go is 80 then get and f-5 and accesorize;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts