Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would be the better and more reliable set up... im lookin to pick up a leftover '04 F6 in the spring and im tryin to figure out if i want the efi or carb? i want the sled to be fast but i also want it to start up everytime i go to ride it... thanks for your time...

·
Registered
105 Posts
personally i would go carb. last sled i had was a efi (02 zl) and i didn't like the feel of the power. with carbs i think it feels like a snowmobile is supposed, maybe a little less responsive but when that powerband kicks in hold on. not to mention cheaper and if something goes wrong with the efi don;t plan on fixing it in your garage it will need a trip to the dealer and get ready to pay!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
go with efi, they're alot better. 1st and 2nd pull starts, no choke, no jetting, easier throttle pull, and believe me, you're gonna feel plenty of power either way!!! efi is the way to go!! also, my friend can fix his efi by himself, you've just gotta have the knowledge, tools, AND BEER!!! lol he can fix anything on a sled tho, he was a racer so he knows what to do. he loves his efi('02 ZR 600 cce). i would deff. get a efi if i was gonna get 1, i might have to buy a polaris efi when they come out, ya never know!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts