Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2003 F5 this fall. I just finished my breakin tank of premix and kept the throttle under 1/2. Now that I can open the throttle, I can't get my speed up over 65mph, and I only get up to 8k rpm. It does miss a little as well. I had stabil in the gas. My dealer said that it could be clogged carbs and that wouldn't be covered under my 2 year warranty. Any ideas? I was planning to run a tank of carb cleaner, then look at my plugs, exhaust, carbs. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I use regular carb cleaner in the gas, sea foam, or spray the carbs themselves with carb cleaner?

·
Registered
96 Posts
pull them out and soak them then plow out all of the holes with air and put them back together then put them back in the machine sould run fine after that.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
any kind of brake or carb cleaner will do, dont get any on the gaskets.

·
Registered
329 Posts
bmc2b said:
I bought a new 2003 F5 this fall. My dealer said that it could be clogged carbs and that wouldn't be covered under my 2 year warranty.

Sounds like you bought a NEW leftover 2003 (with zero miles). I don't understand why the dealer wont help you after shelling out 5 or 6 grand on a new sled. I would ask again to see if they can help you, or try another Cat dealership. Something like that would really irk me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like your APV cables have came disconnected from your Servo motor. Common prob with the 2003's. There is an update available from AC for it, yes its free, and the dealer should have known better and installed it (if it is indeed the problem).

Don't run any of than carb cleaner stuff through your fuel - do it right and pay someone who know what they are doing to clean, inspect, sync, and properly set them up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm with pickle on the paying part. No offence but if you cant figure it out you shouldn't be fixing it. If you bought a left over 03 it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dropped it off at my dealer. I'll let you know. Something started to grind when I was cruising at 50mph. That was enough for me to bail on the carb cleaner idea, stop driving and let the dealer take care of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The exhaust sensor was loose and intermittently coming out. It led the the vibration I thought was grinding as well as poor performance. No charge from the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts