Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you search you should be able to find an earlier thread about this. i am not an owner of one either. my buddy had one last year, his was studded and unless he was going downhill with hurricane force winds at his back the speedo would never hit triple digits. even on LOOOOOOOOOOOONG straightaways. who knows, best way to find out is to buy one ans see for yourself, LOL. or buy an F6 so you are guaranteed triple digits.:)

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
had he ever been on the lake luvthemud?, You would be amazed how fast you can get going on a lake. I've been on hard pack and i thought it was fast, i tell ya, when you get on the lake you can usually amaze yourself. My ZR700 hits triple digits pretty easily on the lake. Never got it wide open ever but i have plans for next year.

·
Registered
431 Posts
the fastest ive ever had my 5 going was 92 on a loooong straight
trust me there wasn't much left (none). thats mph.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I would assume the F5 can hit triple digits. I hit 105 on my 1999 Zr 500 EFI on an ice road once. She had 120 studs at the time too.

My bet would be they can do 100 with the right conditions. I'd say for regular riding around on hard pack snow... low 90's will be about the average.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts