Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only mod I have is a upgraded primary spring, but that does not help that much. Weights are still the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
man, i hate to say it but. theresn no way you could beat a f6 with your efi. keep up with yes, but passem, no.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sorry joeyo but i traded in my 2002 zl600 efi this spring for an f7, there is no way that it would have kept up to an f6. even the f5's were taking me on acceleration last winter! i hit about 106mph with my 600 but it took me all day. and not to mention the trail riding aspect, the f chassis will out corner the zl zr chassis anyday no matter what the trails are like. i too loved my zl but the fact is it is a TRAIL sled not a performance sled, even though it might feel like it when you are running against some older sleds, but put it up against a f-model and there is no way it would win. will beat a f5 in top end but that is about it:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha.....I never once said that I beat an f7. But let me say that I do have a few mods. I just wanted to see what you all say.
Altho I did mention that I just had a upgraded spring.

I'm using yellow/white primary spring. with a upgraded clutch weights and a progressive helix 60/55. Just a mild upgrade, not even a full clutch kit.

on straight aways and in the trails the f5 f6 are behind me. But i'm right behind the f7. But on a long haul like on the lake the f7 will take me but the others are right next to me. Oh and the f7 speedo's are off 6 mph. According to my gps, and gps are very darn accurate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
must be smoking something

you must be crazy to think your zl 600 can run with any firecat. maybe on the upper end with an f5. there is a reason they don't make your sled anymore. i bought an f7 and it was the best money i ever spent. i spent the summer racing it on the asphalt and grass finding the right clutching and gear combo and haven't found a sled yet that has beat me. i never realized how advanced in technology till i owned one and rode it. try it out you'll forget all about your zl 600

·
Registered
121 Posts
Joeyo how old are you? I think you have to 18 to post! Did your dad get you on or what? A 60/55 helix is designed for big bores not 600 twins. You would'nt be able to kepp up the rpms on that sled with that set up. Your motor would shift up way too fast even with the new primary spring. That helix is more suited for a zrt than yours. Even if it worked for you the f5 and f6 would pull you out of the hole and across the lake. Your zl is a trail sled and is a lot heavier than either one. Maybe your freinds don't want you to feel bad?. Not knocking your sled, my wife has one and I do like it. But admit it, they don't corner and they are'nt rockets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts