Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
710 Posts
Why would you want to BB a F-5? Just get a F7 and you'll have the extra power in the same sled and be reliable. The price of a BB is usually about 1/2 a new sled anyways. FYI most of your BB kits are $3000+, just buy a F7 engine and drop it into your F5 if you want a sleeper sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D&D800 said:
Why would you want to BB a F-5? Just get a F7 and you'll have the extra power in the same sled and be reliable. The price of a BB is usually about 1/2 a new sled anyways. FYI most of your BB kits are $3000+, just buy a F7 engine and drop it into your F5 if you want a sleeper sled.
the f-7 motor will just "drop" in?? the sleeper effect is what im working twards
 

·
four gear pinned
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
d&d 720 power valve kit is your best bet. use your stock low end but you will have new cylinders, pistons, and head. 140 hp, also twin pipes come with the kit. same kit as the 720 mod sno x race motor. $3000

if you live around mn go to hay days next year and pick up a motor from a mod sled, next year the wsa is putting a limit of 600cc on mod sleds. 720s, 760s will be worth nothing.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
710 Posts
sesnopro said:
d&d 720 power valve kit is your best bet. use your stock low end but you will have new cylinders, pistons, and head. 140 hp, also twin pipes come with the kit. same kit as the 720 mod sno x race motor. $3000

if you live around mn go to hay days next year and pick up a motor from a mod sled, next year the wsa is putting a limit of 600cc on mod sleds. 720s, 760s will be worth nothing.
I don't think that will work.....he has a 04 F5 Firecat and unless I missed something that won't work.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
710 Posts
michael9688 said:
the f-7 motor will just "drop" in?? the sleeper effect is what im working twards
Although I haven't seen or done much with the Firecats yet, I don't see why a F7 engine wouldn't drop in. The ZR's always had the mounts to drop a tripple into it, and your only dropping a 700cc of the same style engine. You should have no trouble putting a F7 engine in your sled. Although it would probably be easier to get a F7 and switch to F5 logo's.
 

·
four gear pinned
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
D&D800 said:
I don't think that will work.....he has a 04 F5 Firecat and unless I missed something that won't work.
yes it will,
racer mod motors have always used small blocks with a big bore top end. why wont it?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top