Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to Cat. I can get a new in crate 2004 F-7 EFI Sno Pro for about $6400. I did not see the sled but I am going to have a look at it Monday morning. Here is what concers me:
I was looking at a brand new ZR 900 on the floor in that dealership and was suprised at how cheaply built it appeared to be. Paper thin running boards and tunnel metal compared to my Pro X. The little 6 inch fishbone reinforcers dont fool me...Also you could poke out the hood vent screens with you pinky finger and the hood looks like its some type of thin, cheep plastic. All in all, I dont think this sled would last me 2 weeks here in the NY moguls. Besides that we were suprised how thin and "bendable" the handlebars and steering shaft are. The skis also looked pretty thin and fragile.
I expect because the F-7 Sno Pro is a snowcross sled it is tougher and more well built???? I guess I will see for myself Monday when I go look at it and decide weather or not to buy it. I am used to the ruggedness of Polaris and I did not see that in this loosely built ZR......

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thats probably my next sled ----- sounds like the price is good enough. I have been beatin' the hell out of my f5 for two years now. TRUST me these things take a licking and keep on ticking. Down here in ERIE, Pa im sure the moguls aren't any smaller, and i ride my sled pretty darn hard:p

·
Registered
228 Posts
the quality is the same on all the actic cat's, if your used to having a pro x you will not be impressed at all. but if your looking at it monday, you will see for your self.

·
Registered
233 Posts
he doesnt have a nice word to say^^
i was at the dealer today having them prep and putting a deposit on my f5. they had one ready to go(not my color) and let me drive it abit. SUPER QUICK. you flip the switch on these things and all hell breaks loose. it will get a t660 no problem. same top speed and gets there quicker. has 25% less parts than the prox too. maybe a bit lighter?? dunno. sweet sleds though

·
Registered
8 Posts
all it really is sno pro suspenision and different graphix right well atleasts thats is what i have been told? tell me if im wrong lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts