Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took my exhaust valves off today to clean them and they wernt even hooked up, one side wasnt even in at all? i just bought the sled this year, im wondering if there would be any reasons at all that someone would take these out or not hook them up? and what kind of performance do i lose without them? thanx guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
The exhaust vavles(APV) will give you more low rpm torque at High rpm they are wide open so they don't really don't do much.They help when throttling up mostly. I'd say the guy(or girl) who owned this sled before either oval raced it or didn't know what they where doing!
I'm guesing it's a 440snopro. if so what year? maybe I can give you some more info!

Happy Riding!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 1998 thanx for any info you can provide man

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this your trail sled? was it raced before you bought it?if so you might want to change a few things: gearing,clutching,cooling,etc. to make her more trail ridable. The '98's were a good sled...no service bulletins on that model. have fun riding it..she's nice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, the sled has been converted over to trail, D&D clutch, cooling, and gearing. it was raced a season then put up. when i went and picked it up the guy said it had been sitting forever, and it loked it, dust and everything. great shape tho, came with extra hood brand new track and 96 studs.. and yes ZR tease the 98 sno pro's came with the exhaust valve, call your local dealer and even have them look it up, i did today and they are 98 a valver and there is 4 total valves sliders, but i have a friend who races for cat, and has extra ones. thanx guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
zrtease said:
I don't recall power valves on any 1998 sleds including the sno pro! check your info guys.
Sorry man but the 1998 ZR 440 SnoPro did have exhaust vavles.
I think you need to check your info. arctic cat part#3005-287 are the left...she had two per side,#3005-288 are the right.

Don't mess with the king... I have all to info to back what I say!!
Thank you and have a good Day!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok Holeshot, you got me. Just did'nt recall that far back. I thought 99 was the first year but looking back in mags I found it. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha dont worry about it if i had 2 cents for everytime i was wrong id be rich. lol. thanx guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's ok man, I'm wrong a lot of the time too. it just happens that I know a lot about cats. when it comes to other stuff, like baking bread, i don't have a freakin' clue..LOL.
Have fun riding guys!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yea but i've been riding cats since my first kitty cat! Owned one red one and one yellow one that I don't like to admit to, kind of like cheating on a girlfriend or something. I guess you can't remember everything though. 98 was the first year and I should have remembered that cause I was one of the guys who complained that they did'nt put the valved motor the zr 500. Oh well,good call. Whats up with the snow? None here in the north east.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
none in the north east? where u located? im around syracuse ny and we got about a foot and a half of fresh powder its great. me my dad and my friend just got back now at 2am went out at 10:30. wow there sure was some drifts. i know oswego ny has gotten over 4 feet of snow last todays calling for a total of 6 feet, hard to believe thats only 45 mins from me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zr tease and holeshot....

is there any way to adjust the valves? i put some in and they were hitting on the piston and broke them, amazingly no damage at all to piston or cylinder still reading 125lbs in both cylinders. thanx guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts