Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Polaris Indy 650
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So there is a gap between the muffler bracket and the body. Is there something missing from in there?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yes there is a rubber ball that goes underneath there to stabilize it. Tbh I lost mine years ago on my old '93 Indy 440 L/C and didn't replace it for 3 years when I finally found one cheap on eBay. I can get you the Part # in a few minutes.

Edit: After looking at that picture again it doesn't look like it went there. You are fine, I wouldn't worry about it tbh. Just keep an eye on it. But I will still look for that rubber ball that goes underneath the exhaust in some spots for ya.

·
Registered
1991 Polaris Indy 650
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I heard a stock pipe and can from an xc 600 would fit and work with the 650. Any truth to this.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nope no truth to that. Don't change that pipe otherwise that is where those engines had trouble. Any of the Polaris Triples from the 1990s if you messed with the pipes that is where the issues started with them blowing up. I can help with clutching on that snowmobile as I am currently trying to find some more of the EPI QA style helixes for those years as I want some for stock but no luck. I'll get with you on that later in a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here's the picture of mine with the exhaust off. Springs hold it down to the brackets

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah you have that rubber ball sitting there that is what I was talking about. ICR if there was a bolt holding mine down or not from my snowmobiles back then. I'll put up a picture from the browse site as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts