Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an exhaust leak on my left cylinder. I took off the pipe and the bottom nut was loose. I went to the AC dealer and told them I wanted a gasket but it did not appear in the parts explosion on the screen.

What is the suggested method, find the factory gasket or use some high temp RTV without any gasget?

Thanks in advance.

Let it snow!
Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have used a cereal box cut out before. Worked well on a two stroke dirt bike. Just traced it and cut it to fit.....
just my .02.
BTW...i have a '98 zr6 and i have gaskets on mine.....

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
The Zr exhaust gaskets are notorious for leaking. I've had mine replaced twice on each side. The dealer should have the part for you. They had gaskets for mine anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
brownsleisureworld.com is in canada and is good for the micro fische. go to rvsports.com and you can get their phone# for parts (they are right in theif river falls), but anyway. use the gaskets and the rtv called ultra copper. that is what i used and it works good. just give is enough time to cure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i replace gaskets every year....get em from the dealer and make sure to put high-heat silicone around both sides of gasket and that will stop it from leakin...

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts