Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AOL IM: Yuenlging 1013
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know much about my sled yet, but I was hoping someone can give me some insight. Anyway, here is my question.

I have an Artic Cat ZRT 600, its got the 3 big exhaust pipes that go into a box, then exit under the sled. What I want to know is, can I gut out whatever is in that box. If I do, will it give me some more power or anything. Do I need to rejet or anything after that. Will it change the sound, like headers or anything? THanks for any help

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would just buy a aftermarket aluminum one, much lighter, less unsprung weight equals more horse!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The factory exhaust is designed to produce the right backpressure for the engine to run correctly. The sled can run worse, lose power, and burn pistons if you gut the can. An aftermarket can is designed to keep all the things the engine needs while increasing power.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you can, but it wont really give you any power, it will save a ton of weight but that is it. buy a sno stuff rumble pack for it, best sounding cans made and cheap to

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah, don't gut the original. It's gonna sound like a freight train. Your best bet is to remove the old can (not the pipes) and get a aftermarket one such as D&D or Dynoport. By just changing the can, you won't have to re-jet either. You can also just keep the stock can on it, the aftermarket ones are gonna cost you $250+

·
AOL IM: Yuenlging 1013
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks for all the imput, exactly what I needed. Its not exactly quiet now, but I just love the way my freinds sound, so I kinda wanted to do the same. I didn't really wanna spend alot of money on it, and if those aftermarket cans are 250+, then I think I'll just keep it stock.
BTW, if I did change my mind, where can I get these. Also, do I have to do anything else, like re jet or anything. Thanks agaon for the great help:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Didn't you hear SEG

The sled can run worse, lose power, and burn pistons if you gut the can
I agree, do not gut the stock muffler. Buy a can if you're looking for the sound. It's expensive, but cheaper than rebuilding an engine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good choice on not gutting your original. Like we all said, you might lose performance or damage your engine. Now, if you do decide to buy a aftermarket silencer (can) be sure to get the trail version. This one will give a nice sound without being overly loud. The sound a can makes really has no impact on performance, you just risk getting people upset at you (landowners). I bought an aftermarket can (I did not buy pipes) through Dynoport that was just a bit throatier than stock. Not louder. D&D is also a big company for cat's. You do not have to re-jet with a silencer. Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts