Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a manual and i need to know what the specs are for the stator. I think the brown wire is for the ignition coil and the white red stripe wire is the pulse coil. I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. By the way the sled runs good except for a low speed bog, ive gone through everything else and getting frustrated. The joys of snowmobiling.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
with the multimeter probes one to the brown wire and the other to the black/red should show 530 ohms for the source coil. for the pulse coil, white/red wire to the white/green wire 220 ohms.

while your down in there unplugging connectors and testing, the lighting coil is .36 ohms going from the yellow to the black wires.

all specs are +/- 10% and figured at 68*F.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yamadad4, by the way is it possible for the machine to be running like it is with a bad coil? It has a low speed bog but runs well above 1/4 throttle? Ive been through the carbs twice and the plugs look good and tan colored.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
weak coil, bad plug caps, and poor connections on the wire inbetween could cause a low speed miss or bog.

a sticky clutch could also come into play if the bog is right about the same rpm as clutch engagement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.