Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. I found this site one night while surfing for parts and thought it was the greatest thing....Had to register. A quick bio, I'm 50 y.o. and live in East Hartford Ct. I work for the Dept. of Corrections and am looking forward to my retirement in 2007.I've got 2 sleds a 90 Prowler and a 96 Formula III. I've got the Formula crank out of the sled right now,what a surprise huh? Just waiting to get it back to reassemble it and then pray for snow. I do small engine repair as a hobby and for a few extra bucks. Needless to say Connecticut is not a riding" Mecca" therefore I do the vast majority of my riding in the vicinity of Baxter State Park in central Maine. For those of you in New England that haven't ridden in that area,it is well worth the trip. Great trails and very reasonable lodging. The entire area really caters to snowmobiling. Well that's about it. Looking forward to throwing in my 2 cents in the forums. Have a safe season and hope to see you in the bush.

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Thanks for the great background info too! Sorry to hear you havn't had the best luck with the formula. I don't really know much about the motors in that sled. I would say that if you have had to replace the crank shaft more than once.... there may be something else wrong that is causing strain on it or maybe your just too heavy on that throttle (as if that is possible). :)

Well welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

Hey Cobra. Nice to hear from ya. I picked this machine up with the bad crank. The price was right. I've run into several of these 600 triples with the same problem thats why it doesn't surprise me that this one was bad. When they run they are a little rocket ship. Believe me the rest of this sleds life is gonna be a lot easier than the beginning of it. I don't consider my self much of a " Yahoo" but the original owner was brutal on this poor thing. It's only got 1500 miles on it and everything except the engine is beautiful. He didn't have it running long enough to trash the rest of it. LOL His idea of a warm up was full throttle until something got in his way. He could definately be classified as a Yahoo as well as an idiot. I feel I did the snowmobiling world a great service by taking this sled off his hands. Thankfully he has not purchased another. I'll post a pic when it's together. Have a great weekend Cobra.

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
Re: Thanks for the reply

Cool. I'd love to see a few pics when you get the chance. Are you boys getting the rain and warm weather we are having in Duluth?

No signs of any icing on any lakes around here. Usually we start too at least have a bit of ice around the smaller lakes by now.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Welcome, stumpjumper! Good to have another engine tech on board. I haven't ridden Baxter, but heard it's beautiful. Not far from me either, so I have no excuse!! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Smallengineguy, I was in Harrisville this weekend looking for a used sled for my cousin. Pretty dank weekend wasn't it. If I make up to to the Laconia area this winter I'll look ya up. First one's on me. Locky,my brother screw....How much time have you got in corrections? I'd love to get out your way to ride sometime. How about starting a Dept of Corrections Snowmobile team. We've got a team of some sort for everything else in our Dept. LOL I tried to convince our commisioner to start a department scuba team but she wasn't buying it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
6 years now. Im the locksmith for the prison and I also own my own Locksmith business. As for snowmobiling. Theres at least 20 of us from work who snowmobile. Last year we did a ride and we had about 12 from work then a couple of spouses. Would like to set another big ride up for this winter with them.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
welcome to the forums!

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Wecome, it's fun here.:D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hey ecsnowmobiling that is a nice looking sled you got there how does that run?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Have you ever been snowmobiling before?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts