Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 sleds that i have found not too sure which one is the best deal, i just want a fast/reliable sled! Which one is fastest?

1. 1995 Ski-Doo Mach Z 670 RAVE
-newly rebuilt engine, new fuel and throttle lines, oil pump, boots, ect, lots of money spent on engine, good shocks and track, superfast sled, getting laid off, need to sell!
$1000

2. 1993 Yamaha Exciter SX - 570cc
I have a 1993 Yamaha Exciter SX - 570cc, TM 38mm Flat slide carbs, h/t warmers, track is in excellent condition. Cheap, reliable and fast...come try'er out! Just serviced.
$1200

3. 1989 Arctic cat Wildcat 650
I have a 1989 Artic Cat Wild Cat for sale, it is a very fast sled! It has new ski's, new ski skins's, new Carbides, and new sliders! Starts first or second pull. Runs like a Champ!!!
$750

·
Leaves in belly pan, BAD!
317 Posts
You said reliable too. There will be opinions.

Phazer. Find one they're cheap, fast enough, and reliable.

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
get the mach z for sure!!!!!!! where are you located because if you dont purchase that I will!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
First snowmobile

I am looking to buy my first snowmobile and just wanted to get a few things to look at other than miles. I found a 98 Ski Doo Mxz 583 Rave that has had the engine rebuilt last year. Is it a bad idea to buy one with a rebuilt engine and is a mxz 583 a good one? Any thoughts would be great

·
Registered
328 Posts
no you wioudl be fine buying a rebuilt one, twostrokes need to be rebuilt every so often depends on riding style and the sled, but seeing that its rebuilt be sure to check over the sled ofr problems other then the motor (drivetrain etc) and check the compressions to see the the rings seated properly when rebuilt

and the 583 are great sleds

·
Registered
131 Posts
What kind of riding are you doing? If you're just ditch banging and riding farm fields then look for something quick and light, not necessarily "fast". I have a 95 XLT 600 triple that's a fast sled but heavy. Great on smooth flat surfaces but not so great in deeper stuff that is not "groomed". To me something like a Ski-Doo MXZ 583 is just the ticket for that kind or riding. If you're riding somewhere smooth and flat then something like the 670 would probably do the trick.

Dave

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
I have 3 sleds that i have found not too sure which one is the best deal, i just want a fast/reliable sled! Which one is fastest?

1. 1995 Ski-Doo Mach Z 670 RAVE
-newly rebuilt engine, new fuel and throttle lines, oil pump, boots, ect, lots of money spent on engine, good shocks and track, superfast sled, getting laid off, need to sell!
$1000

2. 1993 Yamaha Exciter SX - 570cc
I have a 1993 Yamaha Exciter SX - 570cc, TM 38mm Flat slide carbs, h/t warmers, track is in excellent condition. Cheap, reliable and fast...come try'er out! Just serviced.
$1200

3. 1989 Arctic cat Wildcat 650
I have a 1989 Artic Cat Wild Cat for sale, it is a very fast sled! It has new ski's, new ski skins's, new Carbides, and new sliders! Starts first or second pull. Runs like a Champ!!!
$750
Of these three, always the newest one as it will generally have the better ride.

If you want a rocket, the Wildcat 650.

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
definately the doo, $1000 is a good deal. and a recent rebuild is good, that way you dont have to rebuild it yourself!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts