Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have problems with an error code on my Summit 2014 etec turbo.
Error code P1477, RAVE Not Reached closed position.

The nut that holds the rave position sensor had fallen off on one of the valves and loosened on the other. But the error code was still there, when I had screwed them back on.
I've tried to clean both rave valves and Checked that the bellows are fine, but the error code still comes on.

The sled runs just fine, but it's scary to run with an error code..

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong ?? Or had a similar symptom ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Probably have to clear the code. Some codes won't auto-clear once the problem is resolved. It has to be cleared. Like Cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! But the code comes on after 2-3 minutes of driving, that's always the same. shouldn't the code come up once i started the sled if it has to be reset? This is my first ski-doo, so i'm not so formiliar with it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I have problems with an error code on my Summit 2014 etec turbo.
Error code P1477, RAVE Not Reached closed position.

The nut that holds the rave position sensor had fallen off on one of the valves and loosened on the other. But the error code was still there, when I had screwed them back on.
I've tried to clean both rave valves and Checked that the bellows are fine, but the error code still comes on.

The sled runs just fine, but it's scary to run with an error code..

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong ?? Or had a similar symptom ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the exact same issue any suggestions or what worked on yours mine is a 15 Xm 174 with a boondocker kit runs great other than a little rich with check engine light on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think they need to go to the dealer to get hooked up to the computer to get the code cleared. Just like you do with a car. Even though the problem is fixed, the code is still there. The computer is just reminding you that there is a code in the memory. Or, there is something else going on besides the problems that you fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts