Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've got a 2000 RMK 600 that I am putting a '99 700cc in - the 600 blew a crankshaft bearing and I had the 700 from another sled. What should I expect as far as carburetor adjustments, rejetting, etc? Any suggestions or things to watch out for?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,604 Posts
That should be a pretty easy swap.The 600 and 700 use the same crankcase/crank. So the 700 should fit in just fine. If you have the carbs from the 700, just use those and they will already be set up for the engine. If not, make sure the jets and needles you use are for the 700. And the 700 has a different jet size on each carb, so make sure you jet for that as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That should be a pretty easy swap.The 600 and 700 use the same crankcase/crank. So the 700 should fit in just fine. If you have the carbs from the 700, just use those and they will already be set up for the engine. If not, make sure the jets and needles you use are for the 700. And the 700 has a different jet size on each carb, so make sure you jet for that as well.
Ok... quick question. What would happen if it wasn't jetted for the 700? I mean, it would run lean theoretically, but would it do damage? I'm just trying to learn by asking that... not that I am gonna do it.

·
Administrator
18,604 Posts
You always want to properly jet for elevation and temperature. If you jet lean, the air/fuel mix will be hot. It can be hot enough to burn holes in your pistons. Don't chance it, jet for the 700. I still have a 700 piston with a hole in it as a reminder ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts