Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Well I have a 1992 Arctic Cat Jag 440 Special. I have a two carb set up. And the problem is... When im stopped, if i give it full throttle the engine bogs heavily and it stays below 4000rpm and kinda slowly begins to go. If I use 3/4 throttle it responds like it is supposed to at 3/4 throttle. When I am moving the same occurs. When I decelerate just by letting off the gas, the engine back fires a lot and does not idle, it just dies when the track stops moving. Once driving for a good 30mins it didnt do the quitting when it stopped but it still backfired and bogged. Now I just replaces the throttle needles and the "Jesus" clips as they were worn. It didnt fix anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I cleaned the carbs. Im thinking that I should drop the pin down a notch in each carb. Maybe the sled is getting to much gas and drowning...

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If the plugs are nasty oily black, it's over fueling somehow. THe needles control fuel on acceleration, main jets control fuel at full throttle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
same problem

I was having the same problem with my 98 jag. I just changed the spark plugs and it is running perfect. They were oily black but now it is running like a top. Change em for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the plugs that I had in it too, did u keep those? What about those crazy platiunum four prong ones?! does those werk in sleds? any good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts