Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, i posted this in the polaris forum, but mabey it will get some more action here. I have a 95 Polaris Indy XLT Special, 600 Triple. I have been having some issues with the lights. The lights all work (headlight, tail light, dash lights) but they are all very dim at all thorttle conditons (high, low) There is no battery to change, and Im puzzled of what it could be. It has to be a general thing that is wrong. Im not a mechanic by any means, but i know cars alittle, so im thinkin is mabey an alternator/ alternator belt issue or a connection issue. any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
your sled has to have a voltage regulator on it somewhere, either it's an internal regulator or external one, It might not be working right. You can check this with a multi-meter by seeing if your lights are getting 12 volts or not.....hope it helps....

·
Registered
482 Posts
your lighting is generated from a lighting coil, this coil is behind a magneto, behind the pull recoil.

Did you check for bad connections in your wiring or grounds?
If your lights stay dimm during all throttle positions then the voltage reg is fine.
the next thing would be to check your OHM readings from the lighting coil to see if its has the proper resistance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i still say its probably a ground. when bad, they seem to let the lights work somewhat, but not very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts